Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff Review

Hey Everyone, As much as I love fake tanning in the summer time, it really does come along with many trials and tribulations. The bigge...

Hey Everyone,

As much as I love fake tanning in the summer time, it really does come along with many trials and tribulations. The biggest problem for me is I find the removal process so tedious. I normally use exfoliation gloves to remove as much tan as possible and although they do remove a substantial amount there is always still patches of tan leftover. Therefore, I've been on the lookout for an exfoliater to help remove any leftover tan. The one I picked up is the Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff Exfoliater. This brand is really popular at the moment and I love their tanning range so decided to try this out mainly since it claimed to remove 'stubborn old tan'. Let's see how it faired out~





Firstly, I just have to mention how much I love the packaging. As much as I hate to say it packaging can play a part in the buying of a product and although it is not a major contributing factor the packaging definitely drew me into the product a little.

Anyhow, enough of my conceded thoughts on the packaging and let's talk about the actual product! This product claims to prepare the skin before tanning and remove any stubborn old tan. For the first claim, I have to say it definitely seems to create a base for my tanning, meaning, it smoothens out the overall texture and leaves my skin feeling soft and even. As for the tan removal claim, my opinion is somewhat split in the middle.

Although the product leaves my skin feeling soft and the texture is evened out. It doesn't remove all of the leftover tan. I would say it removes about 60% and that is after relentless scrubbing. Therefore, for the claim of removing tan,  I would overall have to say it removes a small portion but are still left with a fair amount.

However, to shed some light on this product, when it comes to just general skin exfoliation I love this formula! It seriously leaves my skin feeling so soft and even slightly hydrated which I find quite rare from an exfoliater. If you are a dry skin sufferer like me then I highly recommend this product, just not so much for the tanning removal aspect. Overall, this is a really great exfoliant and although it does not remove all tan, it leaves the skin feeling amazing so this product is still on my re-purchase list! 

What is your favourite exfoliating product?

You Might Also Like

0 comments