5 Tips For Flawless Foundation

Hey Everyone, Flawless foundation may seem like an impossible thing to achieve. However, by just choosing a few of the right products a...

Hey Everyone,

Flawless foundation may seem like an impossible thing to achieve. However, by just choosing a few of the right products and by following a few simple steps it is a more achievable notion than you think. Today, I'm presenting you with my top 5 tips on how to achieve a more flawless foundation base! Let's take a look~




Exfoliate


The key to any flawless base is creating a smooth surface to work on. By exfoliating the skin beforehand it helps smooth out the overall texture of the skin and removes dead skin cells at the same time. Thus creating a easier canvas to work with.

Moisturise


Moisturising, to me, is one if not the most important step. Moisturising the skin will not only create something that your foundation can stick to, meaning a longer lasting base, but also the hydration helps make the application smoother helping create an overall more flawless looking base. I also like to use a moisturiser containing an SPF!

Prime


Primer is optional, but, if you suffer from large pores or acne bumps then a primer suited to your skins problems can really help fill in those pores and smooth out the texture of the skin. They also help to create a longer lansting foundation base which is great if you suffer from oily skin!

Foundation Application


When it comes to the actual foundation application, I like to use a damp beauty sponge as I find since I have dry skin it creates a lighter yet buildable application and doesn't allow the foundation cling to any dry part of my skin. If you suffer from an oily skin type the real techniques buffing brush is a great alternative. As for choosing a foundation, I choose a foundation that is neither to matte nor to dewy and I find this combo creates the best overall finish leaving the skin with the right amount of shine and controlled matte coverage.

Set

Finally, setting the foundation is a really important step if you want to get the most out of it. Setting the foundation with a powder will help the foundation to last longer and not slip and slide everywhere throughout the day. I also like to use a setting mist as I find it adds a slight hydration back into the skin and leaves the overall finish not looking to matte after using the powder. Setting mists are also a great skin pick me up throughout the day!

What are your favourite products to use when creating a flawless look?

You Might Also Like

0 comments