Cocoa Brown Instant Tan Bronzing Gel (Matte) Review

Hey Everyone, When it comes to fake tanning I normally tend to opt for a mousse based tan. However, as the winter season approaches, I ...

Hey Everyone,

When it comes to fake tanning I normally tend to opt for a mousse based tan. However, as the winter season approaches, I tend to go for the liquid based instead. I find since my skin gets so dry in the winter mousse tans aren't the best option for me because I get such dry skin. Today, I'm going to introduce you to a brilliant new liquid tanner that Cocoa Brown kindly let me try out and it is fast becoming one of my favourites! Let's find out why~



If you are an avid tanner then I'm sure you've heard or even tried Cocoa browns product at one point. Cocoa brown is an award winning tanning brand so when I got the opportunity to try out one of their latest products I couldn't wait!


The product I have been trying out is the Cocoa Brown Instant Tan Bronzing Gel in Matte. They also do a shimmer version of this tan which I find would be perfect for nights out. Anyhow, this instant bronzing gel is the easiest way to achieve a bronzed look fast.



Before applying any fake tan, I always make sure to exfoliate and moisturise dry areas before hand to ensure a smooth application. I then applied this product with the mit that was kindly provided. I applied it with long strokes and since I am so pale I like to apply two coats for a deeper bronzed look.

The application of this product is amazing it applies so smoothly and the gel texture of the product helps for an effortless application. The shade is a very deep brown so when you apply it you can make sure you don't miss anywhere. I found once the product had set it didn't even feel like I was wearing any tan but my skin just felt so soft and slightly hydrated. The great thing is it had no horrid fake tan pong and the only scent was very mild of a slight floral undertone.


Overall, this is one of the best instant/ wash off tans I've tried and although it is a wash off one you don't have to worry too much if you are hit by some water, it only comes off of you if scrub it away. Not only does it have great staying power it's such a great alternative to have when you can't be bothered to wait 6+ hours for it develop and not having to wash off the guide colour. A great streak free natural looking beautiful tan that is for sure my new favourite!

Have you tried cocoa browns range? What are you favourite fake tanning brands?


xoxo Lotté 

You Might Also Like

0 comments