George Silk Finished Press Powder Review

Hey Everyone, I love trying out different makeup products all the time so on a recent trip to asda I came across their own makeup brand...

Hey Everyone,

I love trying out different makeup products all the time so on a recent trip to asda I came across their own makeup brand called George. I'd never tried any of their makeup products before, but as I was in the need of a new setting powder and full of intrigue, I decided to try out their brand and pick one up! Let's take a look at how the setting powder trailed out~





This silk finished pressed powder is an ultra fine powder enriched with silk and Vitamin E. At only £2.00 whether this powder was going to be any good I wasn't to sure. I also never had heard much about the brand or tried any of their products before so my expectations weren't the highest. However, my hopes were raised when I tested it out.


This fine powder really is as ultra fine as it states to be. After applying my Rimmel Match Perfection  foundation and letting it set, I applied a light layer of this powder on top and I found that one swipe of this product onto a brush is more than enough. One swipe was really all that I needed for the perfect amount of mattifying coverage.

What I love about this fine powder is not only how lightweight it feels on the skin but how  long lasting the matte effect is. I had my makeup on for 6+ hours and my skin was still kept very matte and this was all with just one light swipe of the product! You have to take in mind I have combination skin too so my t-zone gets oily throughout the day. However, this product keeps down the shine all day, where as normally in 3 hours my skin would start to glow so this powders mattifying abilities have for sure won me around.


I adore this powders longevity, how far it can go and it's lightweight feel. For only £2.00 you are not only getting a bargain but an all round great setting powder! Definitely a new product favourite of mine and a brand I will be looking to try again.

xoxo Lotte 

You Might Also Like

0 comments