Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation Review

Hey Everyone, Finding a foundation to match my pale casper like skin seemed like a never ending task. Every foundation I bought that cl...

Hey Everyone,

Finding a foundation to match my pale casper like skin seemed like a never ending task. Every foundation I bought that claimed to be pale always had this orange tinge after it oxidised which is never a good look. After another recent attempt to try and find a pale foundation I decided to browse  the Rimmel London stand. I don't tend to look much at their products however I thought this time around anything is worth a try and let's just say it finally payed off. Let's take a look at the foundation that finally matched my pale skin~

Rimmel London has always seemed to be a very hit or miss brand for me. I remember in my early makeup days how orange some of their foundations looked on me and so I think it put me off buying their foundations for a long time. However, after a few years passed I decided to give them a try again and try out their Match Perfection foundation in 010 Light Porcelain and just hoping it matched me well. 

When it comes to foundation I'm not really to bothered about the coverage more so to just lightly even out my skin tone and even though I don't have the best skin in the world high coverage products never really bothered me to much. With this foundation being called match perfection I assumed it wouldn't have the best coverage but give me more of an evened out look which is all I wanted because concealer can fix every other problem.

I applied this foundation with a damp real techniques sponge and applied a thin layer over my skin. In only one pump my redness and imperfections were very nicely lightly covered and the foundation did not cling to any dry patches. My skin looked luminous and healthy and after applying a light second layer all my redness was covered and my skin looked completely evened out.



The texture of this foundation is so light weight I often forget I'm even wearing foundation. This is the only foundation I have ever tried that has such a light weight and long lasting formula and better yet contains an SPF 20. As for the Match Perfection aspect once blended and oxidized this foundation really does live true to it's word and matched my casper like skin perfectly. I half expected to look back in the mirror a few hours later and to see my head look like a pumpkin but not at all. The tone stayed exact throughout the day and even with my combination skin works amazingly.

I'm so happy I found this product and Rimmel London has absolutely went up in my estimations now! This lightweight luminous foundation matches my pale skin perfectly and has very nice coverage. Highly recommend!


What is your current foundation favourite?

xoxo Lotte 

You Might Also Like

1 comments