Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid [50 Nude Thrill] // Review

Hey Everyone,  After the Kylie Jenner lip kits were released all I have seen in the beauty community lately are the rise of the matte l...

Hey Everyone,

 After the Kylie Jenner lip kits were released all I have seen in the beauty community lately are the rise of the matte lipsticks and finally I decided to cave in and bought my first matte liquid lipstick to see what the hype was really all about.



I decided to go for a neutral nude shade since my general lipstick choices are quite bright. After seeing the Maybelline Matte Liquid range floating around the interwebs I decided to pick one up. The shade being in Vivid Matte Liquid 50 Nude Thrill. It's a beautiful brownish/pink shade and it was a nice change to add to my collection as it's not normally a shade I would go for.

Firstly, when I hear the word Matte I think of very drying products. However, I was quite surprised to find that wasn't the case at all and that this liquid matte lipstick stayed on my lips for a minimum of 6 hours before any re-application was needed. Yes, that was even when I had eaten and drank something. This product did not at all dry out my lips and I can truly say I'm well impressed with it's staying power, as a normal lipstick for me lasts about 3 hours maximum before needing to be touched up, however this product did not want to budge.



Since I am so used to applying normal lipsticks the application for me was odd. Although I do love it's really creamy texture I find the application somewhat messy. Which obviously, since I'm a newbie to these lipsticks, will take a while longer getting use to so it's not really a product fault in itself more so me just getting used to applying a thicker formula. However, once applied it looks amazing and of course I find lasts for hours.




I'm truly impressed with this matte lipstick and I really can't wait to try out more shades not only from this collection but others too. I really recommend you try this out if you're looking for a beautiful nude long lasting shade! Definitely will be re-purchasing.

What is your current matte lipstick favourite/ brand?



You Might Also Like

0 comments