Blog Advice Series: What A Girl Does Blogger Interview

Hey Everyone, Welcome back and today I am excited to be sharing a new series on my blog, in which I will be interviewing some bloggers t...

Hey Everyone,


Welcome back and today I am excited to be sharing a new series on my blog, in which I will be interviewing some bloggers to find out what they think of the blogging world and everything to do with the community! Let's take a look at our first interview, featuring the lovely Stacey and see what their thoughts are on the blogging life~




 Introduce yourself and your blog!

Hi everyone! My name is Stacey and my blog is: https://whatagirldoesblog.wordpress.com I started blogging in December 2016 and it was the best decision! I’ve met so many lovely people and it has really helped me improve my writing skills as well as my time management.

What made you want to begin blogging?

I wanted to begin blogging as I am striving for a career in Advertising and every job I have previously applied for, I’ve been told I need to have some form of proof that I can write and that I enjoy writing and the best way to do that is a blog. After unsuccessful interview after unsuccessful interview, I decided it would be a good idea to start a blog! I thought I would only do posts every so often but I very quickly fell in love with it and with the entire blogging community.

 What are some of the positives you have found about blogging?

The main positive I have found from blogging is the people. I have met so many lovely, supportive people. It made me feel really welcomed into the community and when I started posting regularly it made me feel very supported and that people really enjoyed my writing.

What are some of the negatives?

The main negative I have found from blogging is that I get really fixed on statistics. I am constantly checking my stats and I know that’s a bad habit and don’t get me wrong, I blog entirely for myself and I love it. Saying that, when you have worked so hard on a post and the views are terrible, it really gets me down.


 Where do you get inspiration for creating content?

I get most of my content from ideas of my own since a lot of my posts are quite personal. When I’m stuck for posts I google post ideas or look to some of my favourite bloggers to try and rack my brain for content ideas! I feel like I’m in a major blog block just now that I just can’t get out of. Hopefully some ideas will come to me soon!

Do you think it is important to have a schedule or just post when you choose?

I don’t actually have a specific schedule. I’m still very new to blogging so I’m still trying to figure it all out but I’m hoping to try and get myself more organised and start posting on a weekly basis.


What is some advice you would give to people who want to start a blog?

I would definitely say do it! I would say try not to concentrate too much on “famous” bloggers as that was one of big mistakes when I started. I looked at successful bloggers with 10K+ following and have amazing brand collaborations and it immediately dented my confidence before I even started. I would say just blog about things that are important to you.

Be sure to check out Stacey's blog and let us know what are some of your blogging tips!

You Might Also Like

0 comments