S/S 17 Makeup Trends

Hey Everyone, With a new season approaching, I decided to compile together three trends that will be heading our way this year and ones I...

Hey Everyone,

With a new season approaching, I decided to compile together three trends that will be heading our way this year and ones I can see that will make a big impact in our makeup lives. Let's take a look at some of the makeup trends coming this Spring~






80's Bold

The 1980's wasn't exactly one of the best years for makeup [in my opinion] however it is making a comeback this S/S 17 whether you like it or not and it really is as bright and bold as you remember. However, even though it is back - with it's maximalism outgoing boldness, that doesn't mean there aren't more wearable looks when it comes to this style, as it has definitely had a modern revamp, which actually has made me come to love this old school look.


Ombre

The ombre lip has been around for awhile now [especially in Korea], but it is making a bigger comeback this year and going by the theme of the eighties shades - it's going to be bold. The dark centre of the lips is still very much prominent in this look, but multiple other shades are used too from brights to nudes and I can see this definitely being a trend that is a pain to do. However, I think this look would be great for a night out as it goes well with bolder makeup. I can't wait to try out this style more!


Kohl

Drawing a rim of black liner all around my eye has never been something I've been a fan of doing. However, this year it has been stylised in a much more smudged out and subtle way that will work with all eye shapes. Applying a smudge of black kohl all around the eye, then smoking it out is the way to go this year when trying out this trend and since it is much softer - it's a style I can see people being able to use everyday.


What makeup trends are you looking forward to trying?

You Might Also Like

0 comments