How I Edit My Blog Photos

Hey Everyone, It has taken me a long time to get my photos how I want them. However, now I have been blogging for awhile I have finally...

Hey Everyone,

It has taken me a long time to get my photos how I want them. However, now I have been blogging for awhile I have finally gotten more into the swing of how I like them. And today I thought I'd show you all just how I edit my photos to get them to my desired look, as this was definitely a post I would have loved to have seen when I was starting out blogging and had no clue how to edit my photos. Let's take a look~


Photo editing doesn't need to be as daunting as it may seem and really is a worthwhile thing to learn to do, as it really can make all the difference to your blog. This is just the simple way I do it and I hope it helps you in some way.

I use the site picmonkey to edit my photos and have used it pretty much since I was fourteen. It's a great and easy to use site, that I really recommend to use if you are a beginner at editing. Now on this site, I only use two tools. The Exposure and Black and White Filter.


I start by opening the exposure button and then adjusting the brightness, contract and highlights just slightly to brighten and add some depth to the picture.



So after upping those slightly, it has made the photo a tiny bit brighter, but not much difference. However, all will change soon enough. As we now move onto something I do to colour correct the image, as sometimes on white backgrounds you don't always get a smooth white finish and so that is why I move onto the effects page and click on the black and white effect.



So once I have clicked on the black and white effect, this will happen and you may be thinking well how will that be a good tool to use, but just follow on and you will see.



The black and white tool comes with an eraser and so any products or objects you don't want to have been turned dark, you can colour them back in and that is exactly what I do. I shade back in all the items I don't want to be dark before moving back onto my final tool and this just helps to create one smooth background.


Finally, this is the last tool I use again which is the first tool we begun with, exposure. All you simply want to do is toggle the brightness, highlights and contrast to as high as you want and that is pretty much it. I'm left with a more brighter and smoother looking image!




This was my simple way of making a photo stand out more and I hope you enjoyed it!

What tools do you use to edit your photos?

You Might Also Like

0 comments